We tried this salad at a very upscale restaurant in Florida and really loved it so made our own version. We hope you like it as much as we do. The watermelon is blended with honey, vinegar, and olive oil to make a sweet dressing for the greens and fruit. In addition to all the nutrient benefits from the watermelon, the salad greens, strawberries, almonds and honey offer plenty of disease-fighting power.
- 1 cup diced watermelon
- 1 ½ tablespoons Wild Florida Honey
- 1 tablespoon raspberry wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 5 cups gourmet salad greens (spring mix or arugula)
- 1 ¼ cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a blender; cover and process until smooth, stopping once to scrape down sides
- Place 1 cup of greens on each of 5 individual salad plates.
- Top evenly with strawberries, red onion and almonds.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons dressing over each salad.
- Sprinkle with Pepper.
Serve immediately and enjoy!