For the muffins:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/4 cup Winter Park Honey (Orange Blossom works well)
For the streusel topping:
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons butter, softened
- For the streusel topping, place all ingredients in a small bowl. With your fingers, mix together until a crumb-like texture occurs. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- With paper-liners, line the mini muffins pan. (24 mini muffins)
- For the muffins, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. In another smaller bowl combine egg, room temperature milk, butter and Winter Park honey.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 of the way full. Sprinkle each cup with streusel and bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in the middle comes out clean.
- Place pan on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes.
Serve warm, with extra honey!
(Makes 24 mini muffins)