- 1 tablespoon – olive oil
- 1 – onion, diced
- 4 medium-sized cloves – garlic, peeled
- 6 cups (48 oz.) – chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 lb. – sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 medium – russet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 teaspoons – salt
- 6 tablespoons – Winter Park Ginger Honey, divided
- 1 medium – red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 to 3 teaspoons – curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon – pepper
- 1/4 cup – chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a soup pot.
- Add onion and sauté until translucent, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté 1 minute.
- Add stock, potatoes and salt. Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Puree mixture in batches, put soup back over low heat and add 5 tablespoons of the honey, bell pepper, curry powder and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer, taste and adjust seasonings.
- Microwave remaining 1 tablespoon honey for 5 seconds on high.
Serve soup drizzled with a little warm honey and sprinkled with chopped cilantro and enjoy!