2 Tbsp yeast
1/2 cup warm water
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup honey ( WP Orange Blossom works well)
3 eggs, room temperature
1 cup milk, room temperature
1 Tbsp distilled white vinegar
1 1/2 tsp salt
4 1/2 to 5 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 Tbsp oil
1/2 cup raisins
Directions for Dough:
- Dissolve the yeast in the water in a small bowl; set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, cream the butter and honey.
- Add the eggs and mix until combined. Add the milk, vinegar, and yeast mixture. Stir until combined.
- Stir the flour and measure 3 cups into a bowl. Stirring helps incorporate air into the flour so you don’t get a dense bread. Add the salt and stir it into the 3 cups of flour. Switch to the dough hook and add the remaining flour, mixing for 5 minutes until a soft dough is formed. The dough may look sticky, but if touched by your finger, should come away clean.
- Pour 1 Tbsp of oil into a large bowl. Scrape dough out of the mixing bowl, and into the bowl with the oil. Flip the dough over so all sides of the dough have oil on them. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 1 hour in a warm place.
To Make the Bunnies:
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Divide the dough into 26 pieces.
- Shape rolls, and then squeeze around the roll to create a small head and larger body.
- Place onto a greased/lined baking sheet.
- Repeat with all but two of the rolls.
- Using kitchen scissors, cut the bunny ears into each dinner roll.
- Using a wooden skewer, make the eyes in each roll.
- Spray some plastic wrap with pan spray and cover the bunnies to let rise until double in size, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 to 25 minutes or until the tops are golden brown. Remove from the oven and brush bunnies with Honey Glaze while warm.Then, decorate with raisins for eyes.
1/2 cup honey (WP Orange Blossom)
1/4 cup butter melted.
Combine honey and butter in a saucepan until butter has melted.